All applications must be submitted electronically online.
If you do not have access to a computer, the Financial Counselors at your Oncologist’s office can assist you with applying electronically.
To be eligible to receive financial assistance from the FCS Foundation, you must:
- Be actively undergoing cancer treatment in Florida*
- Be a current Florida resident
- Have an annual household income at or below 200% of the national poverty guidelines (will be required to provide bank statements and may need paycheck stubs, SSDI letter or other proof of income)
- Complete and submit an online application for assistance and all required support documentation
*Please Note: Once cancer treatment has ended, we are unable to assist you any further financially, but we can suggest other resources.
The types of bills that can be paid include:
- Rent or mortgage payments
- Homeowners insurance
- Utilities – electricity and water and sewer
- One phone bill – either landline or cell
- Car payments or insurance for one car
If another person’s name other than your spouse’s appears on the bill, FCSF may pay up to ½ or your share.
FCSF is unable to pay the following bills:
- Medical expenses (including prescriptions)
- Credit card
- Tax bills
- Entertainment (TV, Internet, etc.)
- Condo, neighborhood association fees, or master fees
- Health insurance
All grants are paid by check and mailed directly to the entity, landlord or company and NOT to the patient.
Please note: Payments are processed during the first 2 weeks of every month. If you are accepted after the 10th of the month, your payment(s) will not be processed until the first 2 weeks of the following month. Payments are processed in the order in which applications are approved. Payments are posted on your application page and you will also receive email or mail notifications when payments are made. If you have any questions, please contact Karen Wain or Jess McIntyre at the Foundation office – 941.677.7183.